Flattr

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Milktrain to Paydirt Falls 19 Places Short....

Picured here....Chief Disciple and Wittle in a recent undated photo from Dunedin, Florida


Let me tell you what I love and hate about on-line poker. First what I love -- Where else can you put up $27.50 for a chance to compete for $45,000 in prize money?. There is an strong attraction there to commit valuable time to the effort.

Falling short 5 hours later at 1:00am in the morning is difficult and I hate it....even with an extra $120 in your pocket for 20th place.

That was me last night -- 18th place in the Poker Stars Nightly $27.50 buy in with 1817 other fairly competant poker players. I can tell you about the thrills, the 4 CDs of NFL Themes music I listened to, the friendly hello from Al "The Goon" from Brooklyn (Al, I'm going to call you man!) but it only took one "spill" to do me in. One easilly-avoidable Mistake - cost me....The Chief was stuck on stupid.

I won a lot of races in this event and I played good, thoughtful poker. My best move of the night was calculating what was in the middle on a pre-flop raise and calling the bet heads-up with 5/7 suited...catching the middle pair 7 and going all-in after the flop sensing weakness, He flipped over a 66 and I was off to the races with a nice double up.

With blinds at 5000-10000 I was dealt K6 off in the small blind. My stuck on stupid moment came when I thought it was just me and the BB and I pushed all-in. The big blind folded and then I realized that there was another guy in there already with a raised pot !! I was two slots away 18th, from banking an extra $100 and the money escalated fast with a first place prize of over $7000.

Well, as I looked on in sheet terror at my mistake, the guy almost folded as he thought it over for a good 10 seconds. Since I was short stacked at 100,000 in chips, he finally called and revealed KJ suited.

So, of course I am dominated and he makes matters worse by flopping a flush, with my 6 hitting. The turn brings a 6 and trips along with a glimmer of hope. But the river fails me and I am sitting there after 5-6 hours of poker....ticked off at my actions.

OK, I was the short stack and K6 is actually not a bad choice to re-raise the BB. However, I did not see the raised pot. I could have folded the hand, picked up the button and perhaps limped into 18th place.

Really, my only mistake of the night.

On a brighter note, congrats to Jim G "Game Misconduct" who won a 700+ seat event on Poker Stars the other night in a $5.00 buy-in. Way to go Jim. Nice Break through to the other side.

***** Lost Farewell Tour Pictures Revealed ******

Frank, Greg and Julia visiting sisters in the summer.

Sunset near Peter's Clam Bar with Burnie D Tiltman sailing...

Welcome to Florida - It was raining in the sunshine state.










No comments: