Flattr

Monday, November 07, 2005

Royal Hold'em on Ultimate Bet...A Review


My poker buddy Johnnno / Junga told me a about a new game on Ultimate Bet called Royal Holdem. It's a 20 card deck with the 2 through 9 cards excluded.

OK....so I've tried it this weekend and I've decided that it's not a completely worthless game after all. Sorry Johnnnno for my previous lambasting.

If you like getting dealt premium hands ALL THE TIME, than it's a major rush.

Since there are only 20 cards, certainly any two cards will do, even the lowest starting hand which is Jack-10 offsuit.

You can certainly make quads on any given hand and a straight seems pretty worthless, although I have seen it win. Two pair is probably the lowest hand possible to win with.

Obviously, if you make your flush, you have the "Nut Hand", since there's only one flush to be had and that's a Royal Flush.

Suited cards therefore are certainly as good as a pocket pair. AA get's cracked, just about every hand can get cracked!!

I'm not sure this is a game where you can play "tight".
Since there's only 20 cards, the game is limited to six seats.

Anyway, my poker "brother in arms" Johnnnno might have gotton a raw deal from me when I was initially sarcastic and tepid on the whole idea. I believe my quote was...."what's next Johnnnno, wild cards?"

But, I believe it won't be long until we see Hold'em with Wild Cards or a Joker in the deck on line.

You know how people love wild cards.....

"Deuces and Jacks, King with the Axe".

Enjoy the week and may your Rockets Red Glare.

Frank

No comments: