Flattr

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WSOP Pre-Game in High Gear....


Arrived at Vero Beach, Florida last night to meet my wife and her family for a couple of days of R&R before WSOP event #39 which begins at 12:00pm Local Time in Las Vegas on Saturday. Part of the Florida "Disciples" posse is already on the way to the Poker Mecca. Others are busy chatting about getting there in the next few days.

My schedule is simple...try and manage the "real job" workplace on blackberry until Friday COB, try and relax a few days in Vero and then put the cards in the air on Saturday having the best Poker Frame of Mind as possible.

Certainly, a day at Vero Beach Florida helps my mental state ! Did a little office related work from the beach and had a good afternoon. Swam in the ocean, went for a beach walk and meeting some kinfolk for Pizza tonight and some laughs. They asked me to bring the poker chips...Let's hope I don't get rivered by an 8-year old tonight in the home game !!

Tommorrow we put the Peg in the Ground at 740am and will play 18 holes. Friday morning it's off to Vegas where the real work begins !

Spoke to my friend Pois-on tonight about the game we love. I need to follow my poker process all the way to the Bracelet ceremony on Tuesday and the National Anthem!

Follow me on twitter at Disciplespoker or on this blog site.

Did some last minute music downloads last week. Stevie Ray Vaughn, Supertramp, Bob Dylan, Tales from Topographic Oceans-YES and even Adam Lambert from American Idol.

Music is a big part of my poker zen life....I'll have one ear on the I=Pod and one ear listening to the table chatter. Mum poker is the way to go. They'll get nothing from me except a smile and if they mention my poker skills or play, I will simply smile and say..."how about those mets?"

No comments: